Author Topic: Bug Test for the TeamBN Livestream  (Read 363 times)

SpookyDookie

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 3
    • View Profile
Bug Test for the TeamBN Livestream
« on: December 13, 2016, 06:11:58 AM »
As you may or may not know MegaMan Battle Network: Project Genesis will be on the TeamBN LiveStream. They're going to be doing speedruns of games, and showcasing MegaMan Battle Network fan games. Here is our time slot https://horaro.org/mmbn/v55 . Don't worry if you can't make it, TeamBN save all their streams and put them up on youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBattleNetwork .
Me and Zenith have put together a special demo for the stream, and I could really use your help for finding bugs. Anyone can do it all you have to do is download the game and just play through it. If you happen to run into an error message copy and paste the message here.

Download Link ---------> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3aAYrDQ7ga7Yi1JZjZhUGpJR3c

MegaChibisX

• Robot Master
  • Power Rating : 11
  • Developing MegaMan X: Duality
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
Re: Bug Test for the TeamBN Livestream
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »
I'm very excited for the livestream! Hope I can make it!

And I gave the demo a try. Amazing job by all of you!

Thankfully I didn't get any error messages, which is a good thing, but I found a few things that I should let you know:
-When a death blow is dealt by an enemy, the player won't be killed instantly, but will rather wait until the counter reaches zero. That's not very important, but it's still odd at first.
-This one I'm not sure how or why, it only happened once and I couldn't do it again, but I put an HP +30 chip in my pack, and the CrashMan counter went from 0 to -1
-Those enemies that become huge and drop on the player can jump into the same position at once

SpookyDookie

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Test for the TeamBN Livestream
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 05:20:46 PM »
I'm very excited for the livestream! Hope I can make it!

And I gave the demo a try. Amazing job by all of you!

Thankfully I didn't get any error messages, which is a good thing, but I found a few things that I should let you know:
-When a death blow is dealt by an enemy, the player won't be killed instantly, but will rather wait until the counter reaches zero. That's not very important, but it's still odd at first.
-This one I'm not sure how or why, it only happened once and I couldn't do it again, but I put an HP +30 chip in my pack, and the CrashMan counter went from 0 to -1
-Those enemies that become huge and drop on the player can jump into the same position at once

Thanks for giving the demo a play as for the things you ran into.
-I haven't yet programmed MegaMan's death yet so that's why the player isn't killed instantly.

-As for the CrashMan counter there seems to be a problem with the folder edit, but due to not having enough time and not knowing what causes it I won't be able to fix it for the stream.

-Yeah some enemies can be placed on the same panels, but again due to time it can't be fixed for the stream.