Author Topic: Beta Tester: Sign-Ups  (Read 2672 times)

buddyt1

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 0
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Tester: Sign-Ups
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 02:24:28 AM »
How old are you?: 13

How many Mega Man X games have you played?: 5

What is your history with the Mega Man X games: when i was 5 my dad and uncle gave me a super nintendo and a classic nintendo with mega man x and mario and other such games, but i really enjoyed mega man x more than some of the other games so i used a hacked wii to play x2 and x3. but about 2 years ago i got a computer and played x8 and i really enjoyed it so coming across this and seeing that people can make their own games i got excited. But that is my whole experience with the mega man x series.  (also i forgot to add in that i played maverick hunter x on the psp)

What is your computer's operating system?: [Windows 10 and 7 and xp

how would you rate your computer's specs from 1 to 10?:i have several computers i can test this on ranging from a very old windows xp netbook to a midrange laptop and my personal computer

How would you rate your level design skills from 1 to 10: 4-5

How would you rate your technical knowledge from 1 to 10?: 7

Do you have any experience with the Lua scripting language?:no but i could probably learn because ive been wanting to learn how to program

What makes you a good beta tester?:
#1 I have beta tested several games in the past such as battlefield 1, star wars battlefront 2, rust, and possibly others that i cant think of right now
#2 I can play a game for hours and not get bored because i have nothing else to do
#3 I enjoy finding glitches in video games for instance me and my cousin completely broke lego batman 2 completely

Do you understand this is a closed beta testing program?: yes

Beta testers accepted: 7
Beta testers needed: 10

SackpacAttack

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 10:06:47 PM »
How old are you?: I am 20 years old.

How many Mega Man X games have you played?:
I have played 5 of the games. I played and finished Megaman X's 1-3. I played but disliked MMX 4, and also played but didnít care for MMX 7.

What is your history with the Mega Man X games? [paragraph for this one, if applicable]: I started playing the original Megaman X at a very young age (Like 6 or 7 years old) on the super nintendo. In my teens, my friend got a new game and it was Megaman X7, and I was bewildered because I didn't even know there were games past the first one. I thought X7 pretty good at first, but then I started to think about the games in between. I then got my hands on some copies of MMX2, MMX3, and MMX 4. I really enjoyed 2 and 3, but I wasn't very fond of the fourth one. It just felt very... different. I'm a huge fan of sprites as I have done some personal sprite work myself, and even though MMX4 was sprites, I have always preferred the 16 bit art style the most. X1 continues to be my all time favorite, followed by X3, and then X2. The only one I am still in possession of currently is the original Megaman X cartridge for the Super Nintendo, and I play it somewhat frequently compared to my other old games (I play it about two or three times a year, but when I do I binge play it for weeks. I've also played every original megaman game (not counting 9 and 10, so I've played 1 through 8), but I've only ever finished the first one. I tried Battle Network once as well.

What is your computer's operating system?: [Windows/Mac/Linux]
My computer's operating system is Windows 10.

How would you rate your computer's specs from 1 to 10?: [1-10]
Itís not a beast but it gets the job done, so like a 6. Can run higher end games like space engineers at 50-60 FPS, and almost anything under at 60 FPS.

Lenovo 80E3, 64 bit, Processor: [AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
Itís ok, itís not a beast but it gets the job done. Can run high demanding
How would you rate your level design skills from 1 to 10?: [1-10]
Iíd rate my level design skills at about a 7, only because I have not done any level design in an actual game, only games with a level editor like Super Mario Maker, or the 2016 Doom Snapmap Level Editor (Hereís a link the a video of the MMX maps I created using the DOOM  Snapmap [With the limited resources I had]:      ).
HOWEVER, I scored myself a 7 for the reason that my friends and colleagues would agree that I am an incredibly creative person. I am always finding ways to make my work unique, to make it stand out. I can easily create something in my head that doesnít even exist. My mind is an absolute temple for imagination. I guarantee you if you allow me to beta test, I will make some insanely creative and unique maps for you.

Iím also very fast at figuring out puzzles and patterns, which will be a great asset for testing out your levels or other beta testerís levels, because I will give you accurate and helpful constructive feedback on if the level needs changes or not. Iím more of a person that is brutally honest, so I will tell you exactly how I feel about the projects.

How would you rate your technical knowledge from 1 to 10?: [1-10]
Iíd give myself an 8. Iíve been dealing with technology every since I was a toddler, rapidly increasing my knowledge as I got older. Iíve always been highly adept in technology compared to the average Joe. And if thereís something I do understand, I either research it and learn or reverse engineer it to learn how it works.

Do you have any experience with the Lua scripting language?: [Yes/No]
I do not have any experience with the Lua scripting language, but I am more than willing to learn. I am however experience in programming in java. I took a class on java programming in college. And even though itís extremely outdated and almost no one uses it, at least itís some programming experience giving me a general idea on how programming learns, which will help me when I learn the Lua programming language. I have small experience with HTML from high school, but I never put it to good use. I can send you some of my java applications if youíre interested in seeing some of my work.

[at least 3 sentences for this one]
I have so much experience with the Megaman X games. I have put so much time and research into these games. I have seen first hand what can make a MMX game good, and what can make it bad (Iím referring to X7 as a bad game, however I am not saying that X4 is a bad game, it just personally isnít my cup of tea.)
I also want to eventually make my own games one day, and this will be a great first step towards my careers and interests. I have some experience with the MegaED X level editor, and itís predecessor the Megaman X Level Editor.
I am very good on reviewing projects. I understand that players will try to find bugs or exploit the game, and I am more than willing to help you review it, reporting any abnormality I find, or any suggestions such as missing features and features that are an absolute must. Usually when I review myself I make up to ten different drafts. Each draft improves different aspects of the project, one aspect at a time, maximizing the quality of the project.

In conclusion you can see Iím a very good candidate. And not only is this because I will make a great beta tester, because this will be a dream come true for me. Iíve been wanting to edit the MMX games for years, and I have finally discovered this project. I will make a great addition to the team, and I look forward to work with you.

Do you understand this is a closed beta testing program?: [Yes/No]
Yes I do, I understand that I will not distribute the closed beta to anyone, and that I will advertise/keep secret anything and everything you want to be kept advertised/secluded. I will not show anyone or make a video of this game without your permission.

RetroGamer

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2017, 05:39:41 PM »
How old are you?: [14]

How many Mega Man X games have you played?: [I've played Mega Man 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, All of the X series except for X7 and all of the Zero series.]

What is your history with the Mega Man X games?:
[I began to play Mega Man X as one of my first ever games, at the age of 4 (I didn't 'git gud' till I was about 7) and found the game addictive, my first games were X1, 2, 3 and 4 (and I still have a physical copy of X4) and I repeatedly played these ones since I didn't have any of the others, which is why nowadays I'm really good at the SNES series. I didn't play X5 till I was around 7 or 8 and went straight to X8, (I didn't know why my dad bought me only X8, but after playing X6 and X7, I know why xD) and it was around then where I played the MMZ series. I found it VERY difficult at first but after my brother helped me I beat the whole series by the time I was 10.

What is your computer's operating system?: [Windows]

How would you rate your computer's specs from 1 to 10?: [7, It's quad core with a decent graphics card, and its ran most of the games with HD Graphics like street fighter 5 so I guess its ok.]

How would you rate your level design skills from 1 to 10?: [7, I do it nicely but there are a few of areas I can touch upon.]

How would you rate your technical knowledge from 1 to 10?: [8]

Do you have any experience with the Lua scripting language?: [In the middle. I learnt some until I decided to stick with game maker so I know the basics of Lua, some more adanced but not that much, and I'm willing to learn more on it]

[I'm making my own fan game infact, and bug finding/fixing is something I need to be / and am good at. From my long history with Megaman X and it being from my childhood I would do my best to be a beta tester. I am really good at the X series, and seeing as this fan game is of the SNES games (Which i am best at) I believe I am the perfect candidate.  ;)]

Do you understand this is a closed beta testing program?: [Yes]

omegapixel

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 3
  • >device -dvl -a
    • View Profile
    • mgaman.world
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2018, 01:08:33 AM »
How old are you?: I am 20 years old.

How many Mega Man X games have you played?:
I have played 5 of the games. I played and finished Megaman X's 1-3. I played but disliked MMX 4, and also played but didnít care for MMX 7.

What is your history with the Mega Man X games? [paragraph for this one, if applicable]: I started playing the original Megaman X at a very young age (Like 6 or 7 years old) on the super nintendo. In my teens, my friend got a new game and it was Megaman X7, and I was bewildered because I didn't even know there were games past the first one. I thought X7 pretty good at first, but then I started to think about the games in between. I then got my hands on some copies of MMX2, MMX3, and MMX 4. I really enjoyed 2 and 3, but I wasn't very fond of the fourth one. It just felt very... different. I'm a huge fan of sprites as I have done some personal sprite work myself, and even though MMX4 was sprites, I have always preferred the 16 bit art style the most. X1 continues to be my all time favorite, followed by X3, and then X2. The only one I am still in possession of currently is the original Megaman X cartridge for the Super Nintendo, and I play it somewhat frequently compared to my other old games (I play it about two or three times a year, but when I do I binge play it for weeks. I've also played every original megaman game (not counting 9 and 10, so I've played 1 through 8), but I've only ever finished the first one. I tried Battle Network once as well.

What is your computer's operating system?: [Windows/Mac/Linux]
My computer's operating system is Windows 10.

How would you rate your computer's specs from 1 to 10?: [1-10]
Itís not a beast but it gets the job done, so like a 6. Can run higher end games like space engineers at 50-60 FPS, and almost anything under at 60 FPS.

Lenovo 80E3, 64 bit, Processor: [AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
Itís ok, itís not a beast but it gets the job done. Can run high demanding
How would you rate your level design skills from 1 to 10?: [1-10]
Iíd rate my level design skills at about a 7, only because I have not done any level design in an actual game, only games with a level editor like Super Mario Maker, or the 2016 Doom Snapmap Level Editor (Hereís a link the a video of the MMX maps I created using the DOOM  Snapmap [With the limited resources I had]:      ).
HOWEVER, I scored myself a 7 for the reason that my friends and colleagues would agree that I am an incredibly creative person. I am always finding ways to make my work unique, to make it stand out. I can easily create something in my head that doesnít even exist. My mind is an absolute temple for imagination. I guarantee you if you allow me to beta test, I will make some insanely creative and unique maps for you.

Iím also very fast at figuring out puzzles and patterns, which will be a great asset for testing out your levels or other beta testerís levels, because I will give you accurate and helpful constructive feedback on if the level needs changes or not. Iím more of a person that is brutally honest, so I will tell you exactly how I feel about the projects.

How would you rate your technical knowledge from 1 to 10?: [1-10]
Iíd give myself an 8. Iíve been dealing with technology every since I was a toddler, rapidly increasing my knowledge as I got older. Iíve always been highly adept in technology compared to the average Joe. And if thereís something I do understand, I either research it and learn or reverse engineer it to learn how it works.

Do you have any experience with the Lua scripting language?: [Yes/No]
I do not have any experience with the Lua scripting language, but I am more than willing to learn. I am however experience in programming in java. I took a class on java programming in college. And even though itís extremely outdated and almost no one uses it, at least itís some programming experience giving me a general idea on how programming learns, which will help me when I learn the Lua programming language. I have small experience with HTML from high school, but I never put it to good use. I can send you some of my java applications if youíre interested in seeing some of my work.

[at least 3 sentences for this one]
I have so much experience with the Megaman X games. I have put so much time and research into these games. I have seen first hand what can make a MMX game good, and what can make it bad (Iím referring to X7 as a bad game, however I am not saying that X4 is a bad game, it just personally isnít my cup of tea.)
I also want to eventually make my own games one day, and this will be a great first step towards my careers and interests. I have some experience with the MegaED X level editor, and itís predecessor the Megaman X Level Editor.
I am very good on reviewing projects. I understand that players will try to find bugs or exploit the game, and I am more than willing to help you review it, reporting any abnormality I find, or any suggestions such as missing features and features that are an absolute must. Usually when I review myself I make up to ten different drafts. Each draft improves different aspects of the project, one aspect at a time, maximizing the quality of the project.

In conclusion you can see Iím a very good candidate. And not only is this because I will make a great beta tester, because this will be a dream come true for me. Iíve been wanting to edit the MMX games for years, and I have finally discovered this project. I will make a great addition to the team, and I look forward to work with you.

Do you understand this is a closed beta testing program?: [Yes/No]
Yes I do, I understand that I will not distribute the closed beta to anyone, and that I will advertise/keep secret anything and everything you want to be kept advertised/secluded. I will not show anyone or make a video of this game without your permission.

Accepted. Applications are now closed. Testers,  join https://discord.gg/NMJEB4X and @ me.
The sole developer of Mega Man X++.