Author Topic: Artwork  (Read 1278 times)

Zenith

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 10
    • View Profile
Re: Artwork
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 10:27:06 PM »
We are no longer using commando man, though he was just made, due to another fan game using him, in order to avoid grief down the road.

EncrypteData

• Owner, Mega Man World
  • Administrator
  • Robot Master
  • Power Rating : 20
  • Welcome to Mega Man World!
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man World
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 11:58:15 PM »
We are no longer using commando man, though he was just made, due to another fan game using him, in order to avoid grief down the road.

Why not just rename his something else?  You made the sprite... it would be a shame to let it go.  Name him Arsenal Man or something.  :)
MegaMan.World & Rockman.World now active!

Zenith

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 02:13:30 AM »
he is getting a massive re-design and will be named after another un-used robot master from the original series.

The_Truth

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 03:56:37 PM »

Did you mean Chrono X? And are you doing it because of what the purpose of the project is?

Quote from: GameJolt Info
MMBN Project Genesis is a fan game of the MegaMan Battle Network games.
Made by people who didn't like the ending of 6 and thought the game should continue after CX.

You're making this game a sequel to a project not yet done...this could pose a lot of issues. Will CrashMan be removed as well? Judging by one of Chrono X's arts, it seems he's planned for their game.

http://www.mmbnchronox.com/130516%20mmbnchx%20ann.png

Zenith

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 06:26:25 PM »
From what I know, crash man was not planned in Chrono-x. from what I was told, in that artwork that is supposed to be solar man. We really loved commando man, but this is the consequence of them refusing contact with us.

The_Truth

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 07:07:11 PM »
Um, I've never heard anything about SolarMan.

And did they just ignore your messages, or just refuse to tell you what content would be in the game? I could understand this situation if it's the former, but if it's the latter, I suppose it makes sense that they'd want to keep the Navi roster in secret to minimize leaks. In any case, IF CrashMan is in Chrono X, what will be your plans for it in Genesis?

It just seems like making changes based on an incomplete game is...hasty?

Zenith

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 08:03:58 PM »
ommando man is being re-designed for something else, and if crashman ends up being in chrono x and not solar man like I have been told, he will need to be dropped as well and re-purposed. I personally emailed them asking to keep in contact so things like this did not happen, however I was denied that.

My email asked them to contact us so our assets do not collide with one another, and they refused. Bur removing commando man is to avoid anyone saying that this would have just been a poorly re-make of their game, We want to stand out and for that we need to be completely original with our ideas.

SpookyDookie

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2016, 10:05:30 AM »
Um, I've never heard anything about SolarMan.

And did they just ignore your messages, or just refuse to tell you what content would be in the game? I could understand this situation if it's the former, but if it's the latter, I suppose it makes sense that they'd want to keep the Navi roster in secret to minimize leaks. In any case, IF CrashMan is in Chrono X, what will be your plans for it in Genesis?

It just seems like making changes based on an incomplete game is...hasty?

The thing is Zenith is the only one in the group who had contact with them, I never messaged them myself. But it seems like they just want to focus on their thing, which I can understand. But whether or not we want to be in the same timeline as them, we don't want to use the same navis as them (aside from one). So we just want to avoid that, but it sucks for the spriters who had to work hard making the sprites then might have to throw it away just because of lack of communication. But I agree with you and think they just want to avoid leaks.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't want to be in their timeline, just to make things easier for us. But the fact that we might share the same navis as them, we would still get called out for being bad copies of CX. So it wouldn't really matter if we stayed in the timeline or not.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:27:58 PM by SpookyDookie »

Renji Abarai

• Robot Master
  • ROAR!!!!!!! ZABIMARU!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 10:15:51 AM »
Give us the ending news as soon as it is given

Zenith

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 07:28:55 AM »
Here is a quick look at a few of our new menus! Tell us what you think!

Email Menu

Navi Cust Menu

Chip Menu

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:49:26 AM by Zenith »

EncrypteData

• Owner, Mega Man World
  • Administrator
  • Robot Master
  • Power Rating : 20
  • Welcome to Mega Man World!
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man World
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 11:17:58 AM »
Here is a quick look at a few of our new menus! Tell us what you think!

Email Menu

Navi Cust Menu

Just some feedback... I dunno about the white sections on the email menu... the green looks great though.

On the navi menu... I would center the "information" in the space.  "navi customizer" should also be centered within the bottom area instead of the overall top area (aka just a few pixels to the left).  I'm super perfectionist when it comes to things like this.  lol
MegaMan.World & Rockman.World now active!