Author Topic: Why is Genesis Stealing Sprite Assets  (Read 713 times)

The_Truth

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 1
    • View Profile
Why is Genesis Stealing Sprite Assets
« on: October 17, 2016, 07:22:38 PM »
To mods and admins: Please do not delete this post, or I'll be forced to post it in your TREZ topic. I am just concerned about what I'm seeing with regards to the game's resources.

I have noticed that members of this team are using stolen assets to further the completion of their game. Here's just a few that I've noticed:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I seriously doubt you have permission to use all these assets. I don't really care about the official art, or sprites (like how OSS' Mayl art was used for a mug in this game), but you want to make a BN Fangame for the fans, without asking if you could use their work? Seems shady to me. How many other sprites have been stolen?

This list doesn't mention the myriad of problems I find while playing. I get that it's a WIP and subject to change, but why do I have to press Start to access the "OK" button? You should probably verify the skills of people you accept on your team, Genesis.

EncrypteData

• Owner, Mega Man World
  • Administrator
  • Robot Master
  • Power Rating : 20
  • Welcome to Mega Man World!
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man World
Re: Why is Genesis Stealing Sprite Assets
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 07:39:47 PM »
Thank you for bringing this to my attention... I will look into it and talk to their team members to find out what's going on.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:42:33 PM by EncrypteData »
MegaMan.World & Rockman.World now active!

Zenith

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 08:24:01 PM »
thank you for bringing this to my attention, our lead spriter has left upon this being brought up, We are sorry that this has happened, as for the yughio card, we already know about that and it is place holder. also the version of the demo that is out is very old, assets have been replaced and bugs have been fixed.

Kide has left and I will be the lead spriter from on. I am sorry for the inconvenience for I had no idea that he had stolen entire sheets and passed them off as his own.

EncrypteData

• Owner, Mega Man World
  • Administrator
  • Robot Master
  • Power Rating : 20
  • Welcome to Mega Man World!
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man World
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 08:28:58 PM »
I've removed all his mod rights to this thread and also revoked his account on the development blog.  I will continue to support this game as long as there is no stolen content, or you receive permission from the original artists and give them credit where due.  Things need to be handled correctly and I believe that you will do so. 
MegaMan.World & Rockman.World now active!

The Psi Mega

• Robot Master
  • Power Rating : 15
  • I love mega man 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 08:54:02 PM »
Wow... I had no idea about any of this    :(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:59:24 PM by The Psi Mega »
"Em wave change! Geo stelar, on air!"

Renji Abarai

• Robot Master
  • ROAR!!!!!!! ZABIMARU!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 08:59:12 PM »
Wow. Idk that before.

SpookyDookie

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 09:00:04 PM »
To mods and admins: Please do not delete this post, or I'll be forced to post it in your TREZ topic. I am just concerned about what I'm seeing with regards to the game's resources.

I have noticed that members of this team are using stolen assets to further the completion of their game. Here's just a few that I've noticed:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I seriously doubt you have permission to use all these assets. I don't really care about the official art, or sprites (like how OSS' Mayl art was used for a mug in this game), but you want to make a BN Fangame for the fans, without asking if you could use their work? Seems shady to me. How many other sprites have been stolen?

This list doesn't mention the myriad of problems I find while playing. I get that it's a WIP and subject to change, but why do I have to press Start to access the "OK" button? You should probably verify the skills of people you accept on your team, Genesis.

I sent you message regarding the issue, in short one of our spriters Kide have been stealing assets from other people, and due to us not checking his "work" he was getting away with it, and it took someone else to do the research. For that I thank you for finding this out as soon as you did, and I also apologize for letting this slide for as long as it did. We are also gonna remove all of the stolen assets from the game, and remove all demos with the stolen assets.
Also you can now use the arrows to access the "OK" button.

The_Truth

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 09:03:37 PM »
Thank you, Genesis Team, for handling this appropriately and expediently. I had a feeling that the team as a whole didn't endorse this behavior. Still, I didn't know who to blame so I addressed each person.

Looking forward to more of your game's content.  :)

SpookyDookie

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 09:20:57 PM »
Thank you, Genesis Team, for handling this appropriately and expediently. I had a feeling that the team as a whole didn't endorse this behavior. Still, I didn't know who to blame so I addressed each person.

Looking forward to more of your game's content.  :)

I don't blame you, when one team member messes up it reflects on the rest of the team. We just have to take responsibility for his actions and make sure it doesn't happen again. And thank you for showing concern for the original owners and support for our project.