Author Topic: Project Genesis FAQ and Questions Board  (Read 1551 times)

Koolkide900

Project Genesis FAQ and Questions Board
« on: October 10, 2016, 05:19:45 PM »
The latest addition to the EXE Forever Timeline, 1 year past Chrono X and 2 past MMBN6, MegaMan Battle Network : Project Genesis is the fastest moving and most active MMBN Fangame to date. This thread is for anybody with comments, questions or concerns about the Project to inquire about them here. A team member should respond to most if not all serious comments and questions, either me or someone else.

Frequently Asked Questions!

Q : Can I join or help?
A: Sure! Until further notice, we are understaffed in some areas so PM Zenith about it.

Q : Can I have your code?
A : As of now, no, but when the game is completed, we fully intend to release to source engine code in its entirety so MMBN fangames that come after us won't be forced to start from scratch, and many more fangames will be able to be produced and add to miniscule list of fangames for MMBN. Wait a little, and we'll share it.

Q : When will it be out?
A : We don't know.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:56:50 AM by Zenith »

Renji Abarai

• Robot Master
  • Power Rating : 1
  • ROAR!!!!!!! ZABIMARU!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Project Genesis FAQ and Questions Board
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:12:05 PM »
Kewl idea
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:39:51 PM by Renji Abarai »

The Psi Mega

• Robot Master
  • Power Rating : 15
  • I love mega man 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 08:45:17 PM »
How awesome! One question I've had on my mind for quite a while, is *what was the inspiration for this game?* it kinda just came out of nowhere and I'd REALLY like to know the history behind it  :)
"Em wave change! Geo stelar, on air!"

Zenith

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:45:52 PM »
Well the history behind this is pretty interesting, It kind of did pop out of nowhere. One day I decided that it would be fun to play around with an emulator that has link capabilities. With that in mind I started a discord chat for those interested in net-battling on emulators. We started talking about our love for the games and how cool it was that people made fan games for other series as well as the battle network series. Later on we actually started programming an engine just to see if we would be able to create our own. The original concept was going to be an MMO kind of like pokemmo, but with battle network, the idea was tossed out pretty early. Some revisions were made with what we would do and then we finally decided to just create a sequil to Megaman Battle Network Chrono X. With our own story in mind to fill in some plot-holes and bridge the gap between us and legacy. Soon after, I pulled in more members to help make that a reality. And now here we are.

MegaChibisX

• Robot Master
  • Power Rating : 11
  • Developing MegaMan X: Duality
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 08:33:03 AM »
Neat, I Battle Network fangame! :D

I've missed this series. Really looking forward to seeing more from this project!

Koolkide900

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 10:07:09 AM »
Kewl ideo

It's actually a lot farther along than you think. It passed the "idea" stage a long time ago, about last summer.

Demo .05 should be out before the end of the year, finishing the engine, and with that we should start on story.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:43:31 PM by Koolkide900 »

Zenith

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 01:35:13 PM »
Now, I don't know about finishing the engine by the end of the year, but we should have a pretty basic and more polished engine up. Just some basics like virus busting and a boss rush.

MegaChibisX

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 03:21:42 PM »
Now, I don't know about finishing the engine by the end of the year, but we should have a pretty basic and more polished engine up. Just some basics like virus busting and a boss rush.

That's still very good ^^

Lol I know how slow development can be if you want a well polished game XD

Koolkide900

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 03:33:45 PM »

That's the goal. Full Scale Animation, High Quality Cutscenes, and a plethora of cool things are planned.

MegaChibisX

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »

That's the goal. Full Scale Animation, High Quality Cutscenes, and a plethora of cool things are planned.

That's gonna be awesome! Good luck! :D

Koolkide900

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 04:46:48 PM »

That's gonna be awesome! Good luck! :D

Thanks!

Zenith

• Reploid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 12:10:07 AM »
Disclaimer, Full Scale Animation and HD cutscenes are still under concept. Unless anyone here wants to join the team to pump out some artwork.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
We are short staffed, If you want to join go ahead and PM me here, email me at apbullett@gmail.com, or add me on google hangouts (username: The Zenith Serene) for more details.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:19:35 AM by Zenith »

MegaChibisX

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 03:32:04 AM »
Disclaimer, Full Scale Animation and HD cutscenes are still under concept. Unless anyone here wants to join the team to pump out some artwork.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
We are short staffed, If you want to join go ahead and PM me here, email me at apbullett@gmail.com, or add me on google hangouts (username: The Zenith Serene) for more details.

I guess I could try to do some art work. It depends on how much you want and how quickly it needs to be done. Although I'm not great, I may be able to help.

Here are a few pieces, for example:
http://fav.me/dakofla
http://fav.me/dakg2ye
http://fav.me/dajdaec

And I can modify the style based on what you want (shading thickness, line art size, colors)

SpookyDookie

• Reploid
  • Power Rating : 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 09:53:59 AM »
Actually at the rate I'm going in, I should have the basic core for the battle system done in a reasonable amount of time. The Weakness system is currently being worked on, and then I would have to do the Counter system.

Koolkide900

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »

I guess I could try to do some art work. It depends on how much you want and how quickly it needs to be done. Although I'm not great, I may be able to help.

Here are a few pieces, for example:
http://fav.me/dakofla
http://fav.me/dakg2ye
http://fav.me/dajdaec

And I can modify the style based on what you want (shading thickness, line art size, colors)

That would be awesome! I'm working on it myself, but some help would be great!